Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Shane's just told me about this new diet tip. Eat OATS. Like seriously, I'm not kidding. Apparently, the energy expended in actually digesting oats is more than the calories oats contain, so losing weight just got a hell of a lot easier. No more exercise, not like I ever did any to begin with. Oh yes, I should say, this only applies for proper oats okay. Like the kind you get from all those health stores. Not quaker's instant oats or whatever the nearest ntuc sells.

I had my first PE lesson today. We spent a half hour warming up to go.. EAT. At least we didn't run. The last time I ran was last last year's pft, so I'm absolutely dreading the first run. Hopefully dengue makes a comeback soon, and I'll get out of PE for the whole year. Or maybe I should play up my asthma. Haven't had an attack in a while, but they don't need to know that.

Malay was a first today too. It came as quite a shock really. First of all, practically everyone in malay class is malay. I think I'm way to used to IJ where we had like 3 malay girls in the whole level. The rest were just.. assorted individuals. And then the cikgu came in and just rattled off in this long stream of malay. By the time I've translated her first sentence she's onto the 27th. Anyone wanna sign up to be my malay translator from now on? I never had this problem at IJ. Cikgu spoke more English than us lah.

We got our official classes today, I'm in s026, like the last science class, which really does say a hell of a lot about my academic ability; or lack of it. And I've discovered that hardly anyone at SR got a decent grade for English, which totally explains why almost everyone reverts to Chinese whenever they can. I really need to get some English speaking friends. Or learn Chinese. Again I totally wish my parents had made me take Chinese instead. Was thinking of getting like conversational Chinese lessons on weekends or whatever, but as I'm struggling to cope with Malay, I highly doubt getting another language will help matters any. Its a wonder I'm any good at English, when its amazingly apparent I'm not linguistically inclined at all. Bleah.

No comments: